Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fine Art Prints - Part 6

In August 2002, Gotham Book Mart produced the official list of etchings and collagraphs made by Edward Gorey. This list is the only record (apart from Mr. Gorey's original notebook) of how many prints Mr. Gorey completed for each image and hand signed/numbered. As mentioned in a previous posting, prints #1 through #6 are the Diogenes images.

I have 21 prints in my collection. Over the course of several postings I will be going down the list, giving information, and showing images of as many of the prints as I can. The titles and the numbers of the prints reflect the list from GBM.

#7 Estranged Family - 65/95 prints were hand signed.
#8 Framed & Belted Talisman - 19/50 prints were hand signed.
#9 Black Skull/Elephants Mirage in Gray Mist - 20/25 prints were hand signed.

#10 Cat in Window Observing Night Moon - 40/50 prints were hand signed.
#11 Montage of Found Objects in Color - 9/50 prints were hand signed. This is the rarest of all of Edward Gorey's prints, I do not believe that the print run was ever completed.
#12 Tassled Creature Cushion Resting in Window - 40/95 prints were hand signed. I have #32/95 in my collection.
#13 Boy with Bottle Seated on Ocean Rock - 40/95 prints were hand signed.
#14 Scratching Dog on Sea Rock - 65/95 prints were hand signed.
#15 Child Carried Aloft by Two Creatures - 75/95 prints were hand signed.
#16 Topiary & Child with Creature Held Aloft - 70/95 prints were hand signed. I have #14/95 in my collection.

2 comments:

Drummond Miles said...

Was the 2002 Gotham list of etchings and collographs published anywhere? I would be interested to see it.

ampootozote said...

No, I have a copy of the list of etchings but it was not officially "published" per se.